How do you grill tomahawk steak?
Preheat BBQ or grill plate to hot (200°C – 250°C) and seal steak well on all sides, including its girth. Lower the BBQ to moderate heat (160°C – 180°C), close the hood and cook for 15-20 mins for medium rare or until done to your liking.
How long do you cook a tomahawk steak on each side?
Sear the steak for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, letting the flames lick up the sides. You’ll know the steak is ready to flip when it releases easily from the grill. Transfer the steak to a baking sheet . Bake in the preheated oven until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees.
How long do you cook a tomahawk steak on charcoal grill?
Quickly sear the steaks over direct heat: Move the meaty part of the steaks directly over the coals, with the bones hanging over the indirect heat part of the grill. Sear the steaks, flipping every minute or two, until they are browned and crusty, about 6 minutes.
How do you cook a Tomahawk Steak without a thermometer?
How to Check Your Steak’s Temperature Without a Thermometer
- Raw. Feel the palm of your hand, just below your thumb. …
- Rare. Now bring your thumb to your pointer finger, and touch that same part of your palm again. …
- Medium-Rare. Touch your thumb to your middle finger. …
- Medium. Move your thumb to your ring finger. …
How long do you grill a 2 inch thick steak?
SIRLOIN STRIP STEAKS, RIBEYE STEAKS & PORTERHOUSE STEAKS
|Thickness||Rare 110 to 120 F||Medium Rare 120 to 130 F|
|1.25″||4.5 minutes EACH SIDE||5.5 minutes EACH SIDE|
|1.5″||5 minutes EACH SIDE||6 minutes EACH SIDE|
|1.75″||5.5 minutes EACH SIDE||6.5 minutes EACH SIDE|
|2″||6 minutes EACH SIDE||7 minutes EACH SIDE|
What temp do you cook a Tomahawk Steak?
With a steak that is over two inches thick, thermal considerations come heavily into play. For the reverse sear, first cook the steak over indirect, lower heat. Cooking the steak in a grill that is only 250°F (121°C) will heat the inside of the steak very evenly, giving us more chance at an edge-to-edge pink finish.
How do you cook a 3 inch thick ribeye steak?
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear at 450 degrees 6 min on each side.
- Roast at 300 degrees 12 min on each side, till internal temperature is 130.
- Let rest for 10min, serve and eat.